Pedestrian and Evacuation Dynamics
The international conference on Pedestrian and Evacuation Dynamics (PED) is held every two years with an international participation of scientists, practitioners and representatives of authorities.
The field of movement and evacuation dynamics of pedestrians is an inter- and multidisciplinary area. The methodology of experimental work has expanded considerably in recent years and includes precise trajectories as well as measurements of socio-psychological factors such as heart rate or electrodermal activity. The modelling of evacuation and pedestrian dynamics has expanded from physical models to include different psychosocial processes that take into account decision making and group behaviour. New developments in AI, augmented reality, games and 3D modelling are other new trends.
Pedestrian and evacuation dynamics welcomes contributions from physics, mathematics, engineering, computer science and vision, psychology and sociology as well as contributions from practitioners.
Events from this conference series:
- Duisburg, Germany (2001): proceedings
- Greenwich, UK (2003): proceedings
- Vienna, Austria (2005): proceedings
- Wuppertal, Germany (2008): proceedings
- Gaithersburg, USA (2010): proceedings
- Zurich, Switzerland (2012): proceedings
- Delft, the Netherlands (2014): proceedings
- Hefei, China (2016): proceedings
- Lund, Sweden (2018): proceedings
- Melbourne, Australia (2021): articles
To stay informed about news according the conference and similar events in the scope of collective dynamics you can subscribe to the mailing list colldyn: https://www.listserv.dfn.de/sympa/subscribe/colldyn